Monday, June 22, 2009

To be a Multitasks Journalists














To be a Multitasks Journalists

In my Broadcasting Class, we need to do 3 reporting shits at KOMU. I just finished my second reporting shifts and want to talk about the skills that journalists should have. That is Multitasks.

 Multi-tasking on different media platforms and the 24/7 news circles not only challenges journalists in technical ways, but forces them to reconsider classic notions of balance, objectivity, and bias.

 Before I got in to the Missouri Journalism School, I thought all I had to do, as a broadcasting major, was speaking correctly with clear pronunciation. And that’s why I choose broadcasting sequence. If you are doing sequence for Magazine and Newspaper, you need to write a lots and  you need to everything for convergence sequence. And Photo Journalism? I like to be inside of the photo, not taking in it.

 In J-school, they teach me the basics of how to use the products such as editing and multimedia production software, Flash, Dreamweaver, Avid, Cool Edit  and Final cut pro. But its up to me to decide how far I want to take it.

 When I work for KOMU, I realized the importance of Multitasks. All my package are shot, written, edited, and performed by myself. As a reporter at KOMU 8 News, turning day packages for the 5,6, and 10 pm newscast.  

One of the hardest parts for me was writing. Being a international student, writing script in different language is hard and it makes harder if there is deadline for it. Fast editing phase and nice shooting style including  the sequence is also important.

Those working for mainstream media seem to have an especially hard time adjusting to the new reality of information overload and continuing inequality.How to deal with a permanent overload of information will be the key challenge for journalists and citizens alike, and how to regulate this in a democratic way will be the challenge for public authorities.

1 comment:

  1. To be a MultitaskING Journalists

    In my Broadcasting Class, we need to do 3 reporting shits(SHIFTS!!!!-)))) at KOMU.

    Before I got in to (INTO) the Missouri Journalism School, I thought all I had to do, as a broadcasting major, was speaking (SPEAK) correctly with clear pronunciation. And that’s why I choose broadcasting sequence. If you are doing (A) sequence for Magazine and Newspaper

    In (THE)J-school, they teach me the basics o

    WHILE WORKING for KOMU, I realized the importance of MultitaskING. All my package are shot, written, edited, and performed by myself. As a reporter at KOMU 8 News, turning day packages for the 5,6, and 10 pm newscast. (((YOU TURNED 3 PKG IN 1 DAY?)))

    Being aN international student, writing scriptS in A different language is hard and it makes harder if there is A deadline for it. Fast editing (phase-CUT! SKILLS" and nice shooting style including the sequence (is-CUT. ARE) also important.

    ReplyDelete